Good news on the control panel graphics: The black glossy plastic I had cut as a possible front panel overlaid precisely onto the enclosure and turned out to look damn sexy! What do you know? Laser cutters and water jets and the like are pretty dead accurate!
Glossy is what I had hoped for in the powder coat, but it was FREE-ninety-free, so you get what you can. Here's a closer look:
The Thrust and the Indicators quadrants are still bare powder coated, but those stickers stayed pretty well stuck.
Still getting the throttle firmware shored up. This weekend I will be mounting the panel to the front of the chair. After that, it should be ready to roll, even if without the special effects.
I tried so hard to get it to a drivable state for the August Open House, but so many other unrelated things caused delays. It's so close to being back to ready to drive. Keeping fingers crossed for this weekend.