Still waiting on the aluminum enclosure and panel from Liquid Metal Concepts, but in the meantime, I picked up the peel-n-stick decals for the control panels from Sign*A*Rama in Tempe:
For a test, I put the white-on-black decals onto the plastic panel I had laser cut earlier. Save for a few little air pockets, everything went on very straight and registration between the decals and the holes in the plastic panel was pretty decent.
Even though I'm not going to use the black plastic panel, I had nothing better to do with the black decals, but the concept works great. Black plastic control panels as an option seem doable. :)
Revision 3 of the power distribution board is finished and WAY more efficiently laid out than the previous ones.
I ordered some compact but high-amperage solderable lugs for the battery and motor controller wires. I contact the motor controller company (Dimension Engineering in Ohio) and asked for the part numbers on their excellent wire lugs. They AND the manufacturer responded ultra-fast and I had a bag full of them in no time. The lugs are strong and soldered onto the PCB, no bulky screws or big copper tabs required as compared to the copper ones I bought at Ace Hardware:
I Rearranged all of the two-pin jumpers into a single 8-pin header. Added flyback diodes on the coils and reverse protection diodes on the switch and LED lines (prevents turning on the two circuits out-of-order). Generally filled the power and ground planes out into open spaces (speeds etching, good practice). Here's the schematic, for giggles:
Hopefully I'll have the core of the systems plugged together in the next week or so, then I can bring the beast in for happy-fun-test-driving at LM.